Credit card roundup and an LOLcat
This week came with many fascinating blog posts on credit cards. Here are the eight best, including the inside scoop on store credit cards from retail employees, “Sex and the City” credit card spending and a list of little-known methods that will wreck your credit score, such as library fines. Here are the best eight I found. Plus an LOLcat.
1) MainStreet.com spent a day with the credit card of a “real-life” “Sex and the City” Carrie Bradshaw, and compared her spending habits with that of the famed television (and soon-to-be movie) New Yorker. Makes me thankful I live in a city with a decent cost of living.
2) A guest blogger on Being Frugal ponders if credit cards for tweens and teens are actually a good idea.
3) Gather Little by Little just paid off his Chase credit card, and discusses the wonderful “emotional snowball” you get as you become closer to freedom from debt.
4) This one is a little older, but a fascinating read: No Credit Needed gets the inside scoop on store-branded credit cards from a retail employee. Be sure to read the comment section — many previous retail workers share more store card secrets.
5) Free Money Finance discusses how using your credit card to buy a car can rack up reward points, but may also take away your edge for negotiating.
6) Did you know library fines and parking tickets can hurt your credit score? On WalletPop, Ken and Daria Dolan list several little-known ways to damage your credit score.
7) Kacie at Sense to Save discusses Discover Card’s new paydown planner and what the company’s motivations may be for providing the service.
8) Blueprint for Financial Prosperity says a study reveals that too much information paralyzes us. This means if you are juggling too many financial balls, you need to simplify your finances.
9) And a credit card-bearing LOLcat just for laughs.